Yada, Yada, Yada

notes, jots, ramblings, run-on-sentences, fragments, and everything in between

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 11th...

...is officially over. For this year anyway. I've stayed away from the television for the most part. I'm not one who really enjoys crying. I did manage to catch a brief memorial video and instantly started crying at that.

I know we can all remember where we were when we heard about the attacks on the World Trade Center. I was still working, and able to bring Sophia with me just a couple of the days each week. She wasn't even six months old yet. I walked into my office, and in the outer office, everyone was gathered around the television. I got there just in time to see the second plane crash into the second tower.

I felt instantly numb.

I know we all did. How does something like that happen? Is there really that much hate in the world that this kind of thing seems justified?

I don't want to write a big long *thing* about it, but even now - five years later, I am blown away.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I am finishing up a big project and will finally be putting it to bed tomorrow. And then... I will clean my house.

Which is dreadful.

I wonder if there exists on earth a person who actually enjoys cleaning? I could use some lessons on learning to love the mundane. :)

Happy Tuesday.

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger tania said...

me, me, me!!! i sooooo love to clean/organize/purge---under one stipulation---that no kids are around to destroy it again in less than 10 seconds flat, LOL!

wish i was close enough to come help! because i'd be there in a heartbeat.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger glo-girl said...

Okay I can dig the organize/purge thing, but the cleaning...NOPE.

Mostly b/c there are so many *little* things that must be done.

The dusting...ALL the nooks and crannies and nic-nacs...no thanks...

::blech::

Good Luck, though!! LOL

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous jenn said...

Hate cleaning. I'm with ya.

I know I still feel upset when I read 9/11 stuff too. Mainly because I had two people connected to it. I just can't understand why peace can't rule over the world. Guess I'm too simple sometimes :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home